The Scout III 640 uses a quality 35mm lens to capture thermal radiation. The field of view (FOV) on this thermal monocular reads 18 x 14 degrees. It's equipped with a 4x digital zoom to capture additional details.
Inside the housing of the Scout III 640 you'll find the (uncooled) 640 by 512px sensor with a refresh rate of 30Hz.
The dimensions of this thermal monocular are 170 x 59 x 62mm (length/width/height) and weighs in at 340g. This device is rated IP-67. It can withstand dust, shocks, water (splashes) and submersion under water. Operating temperatures range between -20°C and 50°C.
The Scout III 640 can be used for surveillance missions, hunting and law enforcement.
- Detects heat signatures up to 1200 yards away, depending on model
- High speed 60Hz or 30Hz frame rate displays lifelike thermal video
- Crisp, clear 640 x 480 display screen
- Easy-to-use buttons: Power, color palettes, E-Zoom and screen brightness
- Single hand operation
- Light weight, only 12 ounces
- Weather-tight, ergonomic design
- >5-hour Internal Li-Ion battery