Finally, we can leave 2020 behind! We hope that all of you are safe and healthy during these weird and difficult times and we wish you all a happy, succesful, and above all, a healthy 2021! ThermalBase has been working hard behind the scenes to prepare for new platform upgrades, a growing device library and more reviews for this year. Read on to see what we got in store for you.
As some of you know, one of the reasons this platform has been created is to bring some uniformity in the world of thermal imaging and to showcase what's available on the market today. For me personally it's a nice way of combining my hobby (thermal imaging technology) with my professional work of being a programmer.
2020 has been mainly about making sure more manufacturers and devices are represented on the platform and to finetune some existing features. We still have a few manufacturers missing but we're getting there slowly but surely.
This year the platform will focus more on delivering industry updates, news, in-depth articles and more reviews (the first new review will be available towards the end of this month).
Other features planned for this year are:
- Camera comparison tool (you can already test a limited version here)
- Automated product descriptions based on specs (this is already implemented)
- Price watch which automatically finds the best price for you
- Create favorites; due to the large size of our library it's sometimes hard to find back a particular device
- User reviews; Unfortunately we can't review all cameras ourselves
- A complete redesign of our UI
We are also looking for new partnerships with other blogs, sensor manufacturers and industry professionals. We're an independent objective platform without any 3rd party funding. All devices (unless stated otherwise) we review are bought with our hard earned money.
If you have any questions, news tips or partnership proposals please do contact us.
Let's make this a great year for everyone!
Thank you and again, a happy 2021!