The APOLLO 324 (30HZ) 42MM is a thermal imaging clip-on made by Armasight (FLIR)
and is part of the Apollo series
. It utilizes a 324 x 256 pixels thermal core with a refresh rate of 30Hz and features a 42mm lens, giving you a field of view of 11 x 9 degrees.
The Apollo is an uncooled long-wave thermal clip-on device intended to mount in front of the existing magnified day sight. The immediate advantages of this approach of converting the day scope into a thermal imaging device include no change in cheek weld, no change in trigger reach, and continued use of existing ballistic reticules in the day scope. The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Apollo. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants.
The Armasight Apollo eliminates the traditional requirement of removing your existing day scope from your rifle, to replace it with a dedicated thermal sight (which would also involve re-zeroing). The Apollo simply mounts in front of your own standard daytime optical sight. Factory bore-sighted to tolerances of less than 1 MOA, no re-zeroing is required. The Apollo allows the user to maintain consistent eye relief and shooting position, and because the user views his own day scopes reticle (which he is familiar with), no re-training is required.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Apollo thermal imaging clip-on systems are characterized by their simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. This “layering” of easy-to-understand control functions provides the operator with a framework for customizing his preferences and exploiting the robust variety of setting options available in the Apollo. The Apollo has a unique series of menu selectable temperature sensitive “scenarios” for rapid target detection, in addition to a variety of color display presentations based on a rich, upgradeable software package. A wireless remote switch is included to activate the Apollo thermal imaging clip-on system when positioned in the “standby” mode. The Apollo has the ability to record imagery and is equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Apollo uses the same multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
Apollo weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a unique and highly userfriendly MIL-STD-1913/Weaver/Picatinny rail compatible, quick-release locking mechanism.
- Simple and quick conversion of daytime scope to thermal imaging
- Mounts in front of any daytime scope, no re-zeroing required
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- User selectable NTSC or PAL format
- The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 800x600
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output /optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL -STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Made in The USA